The Community Grant Program provides funding to local registered charities in Golden and Area A from the interest earned on our Community Endowment Fund, the Bud Stewart Memorial Fund, the Crandlemire-Keenleyside Family Legacy Fund, and the Golden Log Truckers Association Fund. Applications are accepted on Oct 21st of each year.
In 2017, $18,596 was granted to support the following projects:
- Golden Community Social Services Coop towards the set up of a local housing advisory committee which will facilitate strategic alliances among groups with housing needs, and begin the process of ensuring that appropriate housing is available to community members.
- Abbeyfield House towards the purchase of a propane hot water heater, addressing the sustainability of a key housing option for seniors in our community.
- Golden Community Resource Society for the Peer-to-Peer Seniors Support program which focusses on ensuring that seniors have access to the support and the resources they need to live well in the community.
- Golden and District Search and Rescue towards the purchase of mountain rescue and helicopter sling equipment. A significant portion of the total funding provided by the Foundation came from the Allen Williams Memorial Fund, a directed fund set up particularly to support search and rescue activities in Golden and Area A.
The Foundation manages a range of scholarships and bursaries for graduating students at Golden Secondary School. In 2018, students will receive more than $14,000.
- Aman Virk Memorial Scholarship
- GSS Legacy
- Henry M. Durand Scholarship Trust
- Future Contractors Scholarship
- Eugene & Irene LaRue Memorial Trust
- Tera Jubinville Memorial - Legacy
Field of Interest Funds
- Allen Williams Memorial - Search and Rescue
- Blair Family - Arts and Culture Fund
- C & E Parson Memorial Fund - Historical Society
- David Braul Memorial - Golden Lions
- Youth in Leadership and Sport Fund
Special Endowment Funds
- Mike McKnight Memorial Ski Industry Award Fund
- Whitetooth Ski Society - Whitetooth Affordable Ski Program Fund
- Peter Bowle-Evans Volunteer Award Fund
Donors may also choose to set up their own fund:
• Scholarship Fund • Field of Interest Fund
•Family Fund • Charitable Organization Fund
• Designated Fund • Memorial Fund
• Donor Advised Fund